Eddie Shaw has been tattoing since 2003. Bringing his experiences as an accomplished freelance fine artist, illustrator, and art instructor, he draws from a wide variety of styles and techniques to create custom-designed tattoos that combine both traditional and new school elements. He emjoys detailed black and grey tattoing as well as works in color. He specializes in a variety of styles and techniques from the bold, graphic, yet highly refined, to detailed works of realism and the surreal, as well as custom-designed lettering. Eddie grew up in Meriden, CT and studied Painting and Illustration at the Hartford Art School. He is an Army infantry vet and served in Afghanistan in 2006. Despite harsh and often violent conditions overseas, he managed the resources to set up shop and continued to tattoo fellow soldiers whenever time allowed. He returned in 2007 and has been tattoing professionally ever since. He continues to pursue oil painting, drawing, and illustration, and enjoys tattoing as a way to connect with people through art and a shared passion for life as a collection of experiences.
“Art puts me in touch with worlds that lie just beyond the reaches of the senses…”
NEW BOOKING PROCEDURES
We are taking the current health crisis very seriously. We intend to remain open for your tattoo and piercing needs, but also want to minimize risk for everyone involved. Effective immediately, our policy changes are as follows:
1. We will not be taking walk-ins at this time, for tattooing or piercing. Our lobby is now closed to the public, and all services will be by appointment only.
2. All appointments must be made by telephone, 860-443-0484. A credit card number will be required for a deposit.
3. Please come alone to your appointment. Supportive friends will be asked to leave.
4. You will be asked to wash and/or sanitize your hands upon arrival.
5. If you’re sick, or even think that you might be getting sick, stay home. We are happy to reschedule your appointment.
6. We will not be performing any services on minors at this time.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call. Stay safe and healthy, friends!